SA Centrifugal Pump
The DESMI SA self-priming centrifugal pump
Up to 650 m3/h (2900 US gpm)
The diffuser principle in the self-priming DESMI SA centrifugal pump means that the priming capacity is not dependent on valves or other mechanical elements since it is the liquid flow which carries the air.
|Nominal diameter (DN)||20 to 200|
|Flow rate||Up to 650 m³/h (2900 US gpm)|
|Head||Up to 110 m (360 ft)|
|Temperature||Up to 120°C (248°F)|
|Motor||Standard and EX motors|
|VFD||Direct or Bulkhead/Wall-mounted|
Within the marine industry the pumps are suitable as:
- Bilge pumps
- Ballast pumps
- Fire pumps
- Cooling water pumps
- Wash-deck pumps
- Fuel pumps
- Wellpoint pumps
- Irrigation pumps
- Circulation pumps
Within industrial and utility applications the pumps are suitable for:
- Draining building excavations
- Emptying ponds, drains, and swimming pools
- Water extraction for irrigation and watering
- General service pumps
- Fuel handling
- Condensate extraction pumps
Open impeller design
- Semi-open, non clogging high efficiency impeller allowing the pump to operate on dirty water.
Replaceable wear plate
- To keep the pump at max. capacity even after working with abrasive fluids for a long time, the tolerance between impeller and wear plate may be adjusted by way of shims behind the replaceable wear plate.
Mechanical shaft seal
- A reliable, spring-loaded, mechanical shaft seal ensures rapid suction, and shaft wear and stuffing box tightening are avoided.
Check valve mounted at a high level
- The pump check valve is mounted well above the impeller inlet. Consequently, the pump will not - in case of a check valve leakage - lose the priming water which would result in a loss of priming ability.
Heavy bearing design
- Heavy shaft and bearing design provide long life even in case of belt drive.