Sales Manager - Industry USA
The Sales Manager drives activities and initiatives for addressing the Industry Segment contributing to the sales growth for the company. This role identifies, initiates and builds client relationships and interaction resulting in obtaining new Industry sales projects. They assist in developing, facilitating and handling and growing business areas related to the various markets within the Industry Segment. The Sales Manager creates proposals for customers including budget pricing, development concepts, proposal writing, contract negotiations and customer presentations.
This position is responsible for promoting and selling DESMI solutions that are in compliance with local, state, and federal regulations, at each customer’s location. Duties include: creating and implementing technical solutions, identifying and developing partners who promote, sell, install, and support the company’s solutions to End User customers.
1. Customer Focus
5. Job Knowledge / Quality of work
2. Initiative / Decision Making
3. Flexibility / Adaptability
7. Business Acumen
4. Ethics / Professionalism
8. Strategic Prospecting Skill
- Creates strategies for driving sales growth. Tracks and reports on the status of all proposals.
- Analyses existing approaches to the development of business and makes changes where appropriate.
- Drives, monitors and measures Industry strategies. Sets targets for new business development.
- Executes initiatives across the business with the sales teams, as defined by the Vice President of Sales.
- Works closely with members of the team to generate new business within large accounts.
- Sets up meetings with prospective customers to promote the company’s products and services.
- Implements sales incentives to drive sales performance.
- Forms strategic partnerships with End User and Specifier companies.
- Negotiates profitable sales contracts with customers.
- Devises promotional materials and tools to support sales efforts, with Marketing team.
- Conducts “cold calls” to ensure a robust pipeline of opportunities.
- Monitors customer satisfaction to verify service level delivery.
- Assists in formulating standard/routine proposals for new business.
- Sets strategy, creates tender packages, and assists in presenting proposals to customers.
- Tracks and reports on the status of all proposals.
- Establishes and maintains on-going client relationships to anticipate and resolve potential problems.
- Conducts project site visits.
- Participates in activities needed to support the company management functions.
- Other duties as assigned.
Essential Education, Skills and Experience (Required)
- At least 5-year’s extensive Industrial Process experience.
- Experience in working with senior management to align sales strategies and solutions.
- Valid international passport, with at least 6 months validity.
- Excellent negotiation skills, proven record of accomplishment of successfully pitching for new business.
- Proven record of accomplishment of increasing revenue through generation of leads, generation of new business and achieving revenue growth.
Nonessential Education, Skills and Experience (Preferred)
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or equivalent experience.
- Related certification or a master's degree.
The physical demands describe here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The employee is regularly required to stand or sit for long hours, lift heavy items and move about the facility.
Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-the-area and overnight travel may be expected.