Sales Engineer - Canada
Sales Application Engineer with competencies in Marine and Industrial pump applications and systems along with Centrifugal and Inline Gear Pumps experience.
The Sales Engineer (SE) is responsible for the performance of the Sales activities by providing support to the DESMI Canada, lnc. Sales network including; Regional Sales Managers, Distributers, Re-Sellers, Shipyards, OEM's, and End Users. The SE is responsible for RFQ opportunities, qualifying customer inquiries, preparing and delivering timely offers in accordance with customer requirements and for securing contracts.
They participate in prospecting new opportunities and new customers. Additionally, the SE fosters positive relationships with internal and external customers. They are responsible for the specification of products and services within the order management process. The SE supports marketing, market planning and technical development of products and services. They attend trade shows, conduct site visits, make sales calls and develop/design presentations
1. Customer Focus
6. Work Independency and with a Team
2. Initiative / Decision Making
7. Business Acumen
3. Flexibility / Adaptability
8. Strategic Prospecting Skill
4. Ethics / Professionalism
9. Advanced Sales Techniques with high volume sale results
5. Job Knowledge / Quality of work
10. Problem solving / Trouble Shooting
- Achieving sales objectives as measured by Key Performance Indicator (KPI's) within Expense Budget.
- Achieving financial targets and coordinates sales projects and proposals.
- Closing orders to meet company financial targets for Revenue and Profitability.
- Organizing and delivers sales educational workshops and training.
- Participating in the development and continuous improvement of sales training,
- identifying bottlenecks in the sales process and participates in continuous process improvement actions
- Expediting requests for Rush Orders, manages change orders and shipping data as required.
- Actively prospects for new customers.
- Providing technical support to internal and external customers.
- Providing pre-sales technical assistance and product education to customers.
- Generating complete, accurate and timely quotations in support of the Sales network including: Regional Sales Managers, Distributers, Re-Sellers, Shipyards, OEM's, and End Users.
- Sharing successful strategies relating to sales messaging and pitches, with the business.
- Developing and presenting product and services technical presentations and demonstrations.
- Forecasting annual, quarterly and monthly Orders and Shipments.
- Reporting on existing sales prospects and next steps to close the sales.
- Submitting Monthly Reports on time and in the required format, with complete and accurate data
- Collaborating with management to develop and deliver on sales goals for the business.
- Maintaining current knowledge of market sales trends and market best practices.
- Monitoring competitors, new products/initiatives and continuously scans market conditions to understand market dynamics and new opportunities.
- Traveling to meet prospects and customers to achieve sales goals.
- Other duties as assigned.
Essential Education, Skills and Experience (Required)
- Minimum 3-year B2B Sales experience
- Demonstrated understanding of professional sales processes with customer service experience
- Accredited University, Bachelor degree in technical, business or related field (Relevant work experience may be considered in lieu of a degree)
- Experience with industrial rotating equipment and knowledge of hydraulics and electric machinery
Nonessential Education, Skills and Experience (Preferred)
- Advanced degree in technical, business or a related field
- Bilingual: English/French
- Experience with positive displacement and centrifugal pumps and systems.
The physical demands describe here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job, Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The employee is regularly required to stand or sit for long hours, in office, factory and shipboard
environments; indoors and outdoors. Able to lift up to 75 lbs (32.7 kgs).
Up to 25%, Domestic and International