Marine Sales Engineer in the US
Marine Sales Engineer with demonstrated centrifugal pump and marine end user market sales experience in the USA
This position requires domestic travel (~10%), new business prospecting, commercial negotiations, delivering presentations and managing customer relationships with our clients.
Our new Marine Sales Engineer delivers timely quotations, compiles sales reports, manages meeting and executes sales plans and programs, and provides technical expertise and guidance. This job is suited for professionals with Marine experience, a passion for sales and customer service who enjoy closing business for solution orientated packages.
Competencies & Responsibilities
Prospect for new clients and business opportunities in the following markets:
- Marine Engineers / Naval Architects
- Shipyards / Ship Owners / Ship Operators
- Equipment OEMs and Integrators serving the Marine segment, including ballast water treatment and main engine suppliers
- Distributors / agents / marine supply houses
Generate quotations using DESMI software & tools and meet or exceed targets
A key part of this job is generating competitive quotations and closing business within acceptable contract terms, that match the needs of both the client and DESMI. This applies to project tenders and individual equipment offers.
Provide Pre-Sales Technical Assistance - Influence
A successful Marine Sales Engineer influences specifications by assisting and guiding clients to embrace the unique selling points (USPs) of DESMI products and services.
Develop Long-Term Customer Relationships
A DESMI Marine Sales Engineer develops long-term relationships with clients by managing their needs while identifying the optimal solution for their operation.
Skills and Experience
Our new Marine Sales Engineer must be resident in the USA and able to work and should be confident speaking with people and promoting the unique selling points of our products and services, and possess excellent customer service skills.
Technical proficiency and prior marine pump sales experience is a must, as well as the following skills:
- Sales skills – Demonstrate professional selling skills including prospecting, quote generation, closing and solution orientated sales.
- Track Record – A minimum of 5-years’ experience in centrifugal marine pump sales and promotion in the USA.
- Problem-solving skills – Ability to identify customer’s ‘pain’, specify, communicate and close a product or service solution.
- Technology experience – Apply the knowledge and technical expertise in the marine environment to advise and assist clients with winning solutions.
- Interpersonal skills – Demonstrate professional interpersonal and communication skills.
- Confidence – Confident and persuasive to motivate clients to make purchases and to upsell solutions.
High School diploma required.
- 2-year or 4-year Technical or Business degree from an accredited College or University is viewed favourably for this role.
HQ - Chesapeake, Virginia