The Sales Engineer Manager generate RFQ opportunities, qualify inquires, engineer quotes based off given requirements and follow up on quotes resulting in revenue generation.
The Sales Engineer Manager is a part of the Inside Sales Team that will provide Engineering and Sales Support to DESMI Inc. Network including; Inside Sales Team, Regional Sales Managers, Distributers, Re-Sellers, Shipyards, OEM’s, and End Users. They assist in managing the sales process by prospecting new customers as well as establishing and maintaining rapport with existing customers. They order products /services and follow the order management production process. Additionally, they provide input and participate in marketing, market planning and technical development of products and services. They attend trade shows, conduct site visits, make sales calls and develop/design presentations. The Sales Engineer Manager also contribute to the sales team by working independently to qualify industrial, OSR and marine pump applications. They evaluate, design and select the best product for customer jobs/needs using DESMI tools/programs industrial/education knowledge, technical understanding, and experience gained from past applications and communicating with customers. They prepare and deliver timely sales quotes and/or bid packages to our customers. Additionally, they may be occasionally responsible for closing business quotes.
- Customer Focus
- Ethics/ Professionalism
- Job Knowledge/ Quality of work
- Business Acumen
- Strategic Prospecting Skill
- Advanced Sales Techniques with high volume sale results
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plans, implements and manages sales educational workshops. Creates and processes sales orders in a timely fashion.
- Identifies bottlenecks in the sales process. Suggests Sales solutions in a timely manner.
- Identifies needs for sales skills improvements. Sets sales objectives and Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) for sales techniques.
- Sets up and monitors the sales processes. Follows up with clients for administrative purposes.
- Expedites requests for rush orders and alters sales orders and shipping data as needed.
- Serves as an Advisor to DESMI employees by answering all of sales related questions and concerns.
- Overseas sales training material and suggest improvements.
- Stays up-to-date with latest sales trends and best practices.
- Provides first line technical support to customers.
- Provide administrative assistance to executives and management team members as required.
- Qualify and develop quotes on behalf of the Regional Sales Managers and End Users, as needed.
- Aggressively prospect and secure new End-User customers.
- Develops long-term relationships with customer, through managing and interpreting their requirements.
- Negotiates contract terms and closes deals to meet both customer and company needs. Analyzes costs and sales amounts to meet financial goals. Forecasts annual, quarterly and monthly sales goals.
- Calculates and enters customer quotations and manages existing customer accounts/ Distributors.
- Provides pre-sales technical assistance and product education.
- Works on after-sales support services and provide technical back up as required.
- Prepares sales reports for management team and keep customer records. Report on existing sales prospects and next steps to close the sales.
- Achieves sales targets and coordinates sales projects and proposals.
- Supports marketing activities by attending trade shows, conferences and other marketing events.
- Makes technical presentations and demonstrates how DESMI products meets customer needs.
- Liaises with other members of the sales team and other DESMI technical experts.
- Follows up with customers to ensure orders are fulfilled effectively.
- Provides technical assistance to other members of the company, as required.
- Identifies areas to continuously improve customer satisfaction, retention and repeat business; communicates those issues and possible solutions to upper management.
- Sets and achieves sales goals and quotas on a monthly and quarterly basis.
- Submits Monthly Reports on time and in the required format, with complete and accurate data.
- Shares with the sales team, successful strategies relating to sales messaging and pitches.
- Collaborates with senior executives to develop and execute a sales goal for the region.
- Travel within sales territory to meet prospects and customers as required to achieve sales goals.
- Monitor industry competitors, new products/initiatives and continuously scans market conditions to understand market dynamics and new opportunities.
- Other duties as assigned.
Essential Education, Skills and Experience (Required):
- Minimum 3-year Marketing and/or Sales experience and channel management.
- Exhibits a demonstrated understanding of sales process, preferably with customer service experience.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, computer science, business or a related field. Relevant work experience may be substituted in lieu of a degree (3 years’ experience in aggressive sales environment).
- Familiarity with company products. Knowledge of pumps and motors.
Nonessential Education, Skills and Experience (Preferred):
- Master’s degree in engineering or PhD in engineering or Business.
- Strong product knowledge, client relation and presentation skills.
Applications Accepted by:
Subject Line: Attention: HR Department: RE Sales Engineer Manager