DBD Oil Skimmers
The DBD excels in a wide range of oils from light to heavy.
The Disc/Brush/Drum is a high efficiency skimmer for industrial, harbour and coastal water applications. The DBD excels in a wide range of oils from light to heavy.
The BRUSH banks are available to enhance heavy oil recovery and the Disc/Drum banks are available for light to medium oil recovery. These units simply slip in and out of the skimmer head.
The DBD skimmers may be supplied as independent units or as modules that fit on top of other skimmers such as the TARANTULA, TERMINATOR, TERMITE or DOP-DUAL 250.
The DBD skimmers are produced in a variety of configurations – single, twin or triple banks of rotating oleophilic (oil attracting) Disc, Brush or Drum. Independent hydraulic, electric or pneumatic motors drive these discs.
Oil is recovered from the water as it adheres to the surface. As the discs, drum or brushes are rotated through the skimmer head oil is collected in the central sump on a continuous basis.
The skimmers have high efficiency - up to 99 percent! Speed can be varied to optimise efficiency according to conditions.
The marine versions of the DBD skimmers are hydraulically driven and available with powerful thrusters for remote positioning of the skimmer head. These skimmers may be supplied as independent units or as modules that fit on top of other skimmers such as the TARANTULA, DOP-DUAL 250, TERMINATOR or TERMITE.
The industrial DBD skimmer is offered in a choice of sizes and drives to suit the application.
- Can be supplied with Disc or Brush-drum banks
- Extremely simple design uses a standard suction pump
- Robust design – thick PVC discs combined or a sturdy brush-drum mounted in an aluminium body ensure that the DBD skimmer will withstand the most arduous conditions and training programmes
- Highest efficiency in independent tests – The DBD range of skimmers had the highest recovery efficiency :– 98% in 10 mm of diesel, 99% in 25 mm of diesel
- Electric drive ensures no external power pack is required for this skimmer