Barge Pump-Off Unit
The system can be configured with a wide range of hydraulic and discharge connections, as well as local speed control for full function independent of the power source. This eliminates the need for communication between the power pack operator and the pump station by bringing the speed and directional control to the hatch where the offloading operation is taking place.
The BPU can be fitted with any of the three sizes of DOP pump to accommodate a wide range of operational requirements for various industries. The use of a hydraulic pump, separately located from the power pack makes the BPU the proven option for use in explosive and flammable atmospheres.
- No electrical supply involved.
- All hydraulic drive is supplied from a remote power pack
- Dry break fluid couplings as standard to avoid deck spills
- Once the BPU is installed, there is no heavy or awkward lifting involved.
- The famous DOP pump can handle almost any fluid, from light to very heavy.
- The pump controls are mounted on the top plate for ease of operation.
- Quick, safe and efficient barge pump out is ensured.
Life Cycle Costs
- Standard DOP pumps result in uniformity of spares
- No line shafts or intermediate bearings extends life and reduces weight
- Proven Oil Spill Technology