Alligator Oil Skimmer
Belt brush skimmer with Bi-directional belt
The ALLIGATOR belt brush skimmer from DESMI incorporates the advantages of the belt mechanism with a stiff brush that enhances the recovery of oil.
Bi-directional belt - the belt can operate in either direction. On underflow mode (with the belt going down into the oil) the skimmer can achieve a high recovery rate with lighter oils. In overflow mode (belt coming up out of the oil) the ALLIGATOR is able to recover thick layers of heavy oils with very little water - as low as 2%! Removable floats - the floats can be detached for shipping and adjustment of skimmer depth in the water.
- Combined belt brush skimmer
- Wide operational range especially with medium and heavy oils. The belt lifts the oil and dumps into the sump
- Optional DOP-160 vertical screw pump
- Optional thrusters for remote control and positioning
- Optional steam and water injection to aid pumping of heavy oils
- Unique bi-directional operation for recovery of a wide range of oils
- Marine grade aluminium body with detachable floats and sump