|Job Title ||Area Sales Manager ||Department ||Sales |
|Location ||Gulf Coast Region ||Position Type ||Full Time |
|Manager ||Andrew Nash ||Point of Contact ||Andrew Nash |
The Area Sales Manager is responsible for making sure sales targets are met within the designated sales area or territory. Developing a close relationship with all major accounts to grow business organically and find new business, as well as an expert in understanding their products, market area, trends, opportunities, and competitive activity.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Finding new customers and continuously expanding the business.
- Monitoring sales data and keeping up to date with current market trends and customer needs.
- First class consultative sales skills and a good understanding of Features and Benefits.
- Monitor sales and profit for each account.
- Manage distribution for your region, monitoring progress of agreed sales goals, etc.
- Preparing account profiles for company accounts.
- Identify and create a strong loyal relationship with all decision makers.
- Use analysis to ensure top accounts giving 80% of the business are lot lost and grow.
- Ability to complete management reports on time essential.
- Aware of applicable company KPI’s and business plan.
- Be aware of all competitive activities within major accounts.
- Good disciplined use of CRM and administration.
- Sales presentations for clients showing the success and credibility of the business and its products.
- Give pricing information to management and make recommendations.
- Establishing and maintaining relationships with suppliers if appropriate.
- Create sales strategies for sales managers/director to approve.
Qualifications and Preferred Skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Sales experience essential
- Demonstrable and successful sales track record
- Good technical background in produce area is desirable
- Good presentation skills
- Proven record of effectively meeting sales quotas
- A degree in business studies would be advantageous
- Microsoft Office Suite
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent (minimum of 34 credit hours and an additional two (2) years of relevant full-time experience).