|Job Title ||Area Sales Manager ||Department ||Sales |
|Location ||Northeast Region ||Position Type ||Full Time |
|Manager ||Andrew Nash ||Point of Contact ||Andrew Nash |
Salary Grade/Level/Family/Range: Compensation based on experience
Reports to: Vice President of Sales
This position is responsible for the sale of the organization's products in a specified region or major geographical area and provides ongoing support to product distribution channel.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Assists resellers with organizational skills, account strategies, territory planning and administrative responsibilities to ensure a high level of customer satisfaction is maintained.
- Develops and increases sales revenue to meet assigned targets.
- Becomes actively involved in a new resellers sales orientation and sales training programs.
- Acts as a resource to resellers in contract opportunities and proposals.
- Assists resellers with contract negotiations, closing the sale and developing marketing plans for contract accounts.
- Assists with the planning of sales exhibits and attends trade shows.
- Participates in education and training conferences on selling and marketing programs.
- Coordinates and assists in leading sales meetings to include site selection and agenda preparation.
- Keeps informed of new products, services and other general information of interest to customers.
- Checks on competitive activity and develops new methods of attaining resellers and assisting resellers in attaining new accounts.
- Troubleshoots problems regarding products provided. Answers questions from resellers and handles complaints.
- Responsible for monthly reports, quarterly forecasts, business planning, and marketing planning.
- Performs other job-related duties and responsibilities as may be assigned from time to time.
- Customer/Client Focus.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Suite and Adobe.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Performance Management.
- Business Acumen and Initiative.
- Results Driven.
- Organizational and Presentation Skills.
This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities, but does serve as a coach and mentor for other positions in the department.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
Some flexibility in hours is allowed, but the employee must be available during the “core” work hours of 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. EST and must work 37.5 hours each week to maintain full-time status. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
This position requires up to 50% travel. Frequently travel outside the local area and overnight.
Required Education and Experience
- At least three years of field sales experience.
- Associate’s degree or equivalent experience.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Advanced training in recent sales techniques.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
DESMI provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, DESMI complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
DESMI expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of DESMI’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.