Area Sales Manager – Asia Pacific Region (APAC)
DESMI Ballast Water Management Systems
Would you like to play an active role in the environmental protection of the world’s oceans? Do you have experience with international sales activities in the marine segment? Are you our new Area Sales Manager that can develop and increase sales activities directly or indirectly through other sales channels via sales agents and business partners? We are experiencing significant growth and are looking for an ambitious and experienced Area Sales Manager who can plan and increase our sales activities in Asia Pacific and South East Asia (SEA) region.
DESMI Ocean Guard A/S is one of the world’s leading developers and suppliers of shipboard Ballast Water Management Systems (BWMS) applied worldwide to prevent the spread of aquatic invasive species. We are facing a booming market in the coming years and our CompactClean BWMS is highly requested by customers due to chemical free treatment, simplicity, small footprint, and the strongest set of type approvals in the business. Therefore, we are significantly boosting our global BWMS sales organization.
Become part of an ambitious and engaged organisation
As Area Sales Manager you will be part of the DESMI Ocean Guard BWMS AP Sales team; you are based at our SEA HQ in Singapore and responsible for developing and increasing of DESMI Ocean Guard’s business volume and sales activities in the AP and SEA.
You will report directly to the Regional Sales Manager of DESMI Ocean Guard BWMS based in Singapore and in closed coordination with the BWMS sales support team stationed in our head office in Denmark for making quotation proposals and project handling.
As one of the Area Sales Manager, you are assigned to develop and increasing the sales activities few of the countries within the AP region – The core countries are: Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia, Thailand, Philippines, Taiwan, Vietnam and Australia. Your daily sales activities include strategic planning of sales and marketing activities and management of local sales events with business partners and direct customers. Of all the job scope, your most important role will be to support and driving direct sales activities carried out by our agents and distributors in your assigned sales area. You should expect some travel activity, around 20 trips per year. (One week per trip)
In short you are responsible for:
• Planning of sales activities directly to ship designers, shipowner and yards
• Strategic planning for increased sales volume and market presence
• Direct involvement in sales of all projects or to all customers within the assigned sales area.
• Coordination with DESMI BWMS Regional Manager and Head Office.
• Driving and supporting sales through agents and distributors in your sales area.
• Reporting on sales activities to your direct sales management – Regional SM.
• Participate in marine events / seminars / exhibitions
• Sales products/system presentation and training
• Technical and commercial clarification and negotiation with customers and buyers.
DESMI Ocean Guard A/S is 100% owned by DESMI A/S. You will become a key part of a successful international company with more than 185 years history and +1000 employees worldwide.
Requirements of Area Sales Manager in the marine segment
- You have a proven track record with successful involvement of sales or service activities in the marine segment with more than 10 years of experience.
- You are used to dealing with shipowners and shipyards on a high level.
- Good Recognition / reputation within ship owners and fleet management.
- Preferably, you have a background with good engineering and technical understanding of ocean-going vessels and equipment on-board.
- Understanding of the shipping market channels of finding new business opportunities.
- Ability to determine client needs, develop proposal to meet or exceed client expectations.
- Profound Sales Management competencies, negotiation and contracting skills.
- Furthermore, you may have experience with management of sales activities, including experience with people management and management of in-direct sales through agents and distributors will be an added advantage.
- You have good communication skills and you thrive on the opportunity to take on a leading role in growing the business in your region. You are fluent in written and spoken English.
Are you interested?
We offer an exciting opportunity to take on a sales role in the development of a business area with huge growth potential, in a company with a very long history. You will have considerable influence on your area of responsibility. This job will provide ample possibilities for personal and professional development in a dynamic and energetic work environment.
Send your application including resume to General Manager of DESMI Singapore Jimmy Ng on email email@example.com.
Deadline for submitting applications is July 10, 2020.